How to Make Competition Brisket
Greg demonstrates how to properly prepare and smoke a brisket for competitive BBQ that the judges will love.
What you will learn in this video:
- What kind of meat you should buy
- How to unwrap the meat and prepare it
- Fat removal and slicing off unnecessary portions
- Selecting the right portion for the BBQ turn-in
- Competition brisket injection tips, ingredients, and tools
Many people will use a smoked brisket marinade or any number of variations to this preparation, so feel free to experiment and create your own personal recipe.
This video was filmed during the 2017 New Jersey State BBQ Championship in Wildwood, NJ.